Asha Saxena discusses the importance of data in the rapidly changing healthcare industry with guest Vijay Venkatesan, Chief Analytics Officer of Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey.
In this episode, Vijay Venkatesan discusses how consumer expectation of healthcare is shifting, why the relationship between providers, patients and payers needs to evolve, and how advances in technology have the potential to reshape healthcare to the benefit of everyone involved.
New technologies in computer science and data analytics can be powerful tools, but only if they are used to answer the right questions.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- How Vijay’s career journey has taught him lessons about the use of data and its application in healthcare
- How the healthcare industry is using data to adapt to today’s market and legal realities
- The challenges and opportunities of collecting and sharing data within the healthcare industry
- How new technologies such as AI and deep learning have the potential to change the way data can be gathered and utilized
- Why data technology needs to be used in the service of benefiting patients
- Which potential applications for decision automation present the greatest opportunities within the healthcare industry
- Steps you can take to best understand the role of data analytics in your own business
- Why the difficulty of predicting human behavior is the most challenging problem data analytics must solve
- Which changes and opportunities in healthcare data Vijay believes will take place in the next decade
- Why “listening to understand” is the key to solving problems and making an impact within your organization
Ways to contact Vijay:
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/vijaybvenkatesan